The demand for environmentally-friendly construction products and practices, or green building, has accelerated in recent years. A&S is a leader in this tide of change with innovation and expert consultation in the use of metal construction products and processes.
The American Iron and Steel Institute reports that steel is the most recycled material in North America. However, green construction ideas go well beyond recycling. A building’s design and construction methods, its end use and occupants’ productivity, as well as maintenance requirements throughout the life of the building are among the many considerations that have changed the way A&S works with our builders and designers. It’s also been the catalyst for some of the new products our parent company, NCI Group, Inc., is developing to help the users of our products meet their green building objectives.
|What is Green?||Organizations|
|Our Green Commitment||Glossary|
|Our Green Product Solutions||LEED Point Chart|
|Green Resources||Green Affiliations|
- Rewards owners employing energy-efficient design in their buildings with a one-time tax deduction of $1.80/sf.
- Must be 50% better in energy cost over an ASHRAE 90.1-2001 compliant building.
- Requires energy modeling with EPA-approved software:
- For additional 3rd party software, visit U.S. Department of Energy.
- The tax deductions may be broken down into $0.60/sf each for:
- Must get a licensed engineer or architect to verify that installation is consistent with design.
This information is subject to change without notice due to actions of bodies outside of A&S such as USGBC, ASHRAE, etc.